Good investigators can make or break a case. The Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support team at Alpha Group, can serve the needs of attorneys and corporations looking to gather, organize and present financial information in an easily comprehensible format. The results of these financial investigations often provide significant leverage in disputes leading to favorable settlements, give companies seeking to conduct internal investigations the needed evidence of malfeasance and provide potential buyers of corporate targets the intelligence they need to make informed decisions.
We are experienced white collar investigators who are also accountants.
The forensic accounting team should be brought into an investigation or litigation as early as possible to direct the investigation, assist in the pre-trial discovery phase and identify financial hot spots, reducing wasted time. Our Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support team works closely with our investigative and research staff to provide the comprehensive, in depth background research that reveals unknown links not otherwise ascertainable from a mere review of financial transactions, allowing those seemingly clean cut transactions to be cast in the fraudulent light in which they were designed.
Our forensic computer personnel work alongside our Forensic Computer Analysis team to permit the financial and investigative analysis of information residing on computers, whether a legally obtained cell phone, a single PC, laptop or a large multi-terabyte server. The forensic computer personnel process the data and the forensic accounting team analyzes and manipulates the data using state of the art computer software. Financial evidence relevant to a case is often buried in emails, browser history, cookies and the slack space on a hard drive.
Our investigations provide actionable intelligence and the results of complex analysis are then reduced to an easily understandable format. Alpha Group offers a whole suite of white collar investigative services for clients located in New York City, Long Island, Florida and New Jersey.
Our Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support team can be used for:
- Asset tracing
- Cash flow analysis
- Fraudulent investment schemes
- Expert and fact witness testimony
- Deposition and cross examination preparation
- Debunk or establish financial claims in civil litigation
- Analyzing opposing counsel’s expert witness opinions
- Uncovering hidden assets
- Specializing in complex multi-entity cases
- Insurance claims
- Recover misappropriated assets
- Subject interviews and witness debriefings
- Reconstruction of complex financial transactions
- Theft and embezzlement investigations and fraud prevention solutions
- Financial statement analysis
- Determining alter ego and shell corporations
- Corporate internal control assessments and recommendations
- Damages calculations for insurance claims
- Shareholder disputes
- Bankruptcy investigations
o Manipulation of financial records prior to or after filing
o Undisclosed fraudulent transfers of assets
o Recreation of the books and records of debtors
o Bust out schemes